August Southern California Network Call
July 25, 2012 Leave a comment
Please join us Thursday, August 9th via conference call from 10-11am for our Safe Routes to School Southern California Network Meeting. All are welcome and invited to join. Please note, we hold these meetings monthly, on the 2nd Thursday of the month from 10-11am.
Thursday, August 9th from 10-11 am
Conference Call Number: 866-394-4146
Guest Code: 878934528#
Agenda (subject to change):
1. Welcome, Introductions (5 mins)
2. Save the Date 8/16 4-5pm for a statewide conference call on the Implementation of the Federal Transportation Bill MAP-21 in California and what it means for California Safe Routes to School transportation funding. All are welcomed and encouraged to join this call.
3. Youth and Community Engagement for Built Environment Changes (30 mins): Discuss best practices and models for encouraging public participation and empowering youth, parents, and residents
- Melanie Cohn, San Diego County Childhood Obesity Initiative, Community Health Improvement Project - Resident Leadership Academy
- Andrea Caivano-Reed, Network for a Healthy California at Anaheim City School District – OC Champion Mom Initiative: Parents “Champion of Change” Presentation (dropbox link)
4. SCAG RTP/SCS Update and Next Steps (5 mins)
- Active Transportation Division and Committee, also see blog post.
- FTIP Comment Letter
5. SRTSNP Draft Regional Platform (10 mins) Read here.
- Help us be more effective in your county! Join us to discuss our goals for Southern California. Last day for comments is August 15th.
6. Funding Opp’s and Deadlines (5 mins)
- Walk to School Day – October 3rd. Register your event here.
- Pro Walk Pro Bike - September 10-13 in Long Beach
- LAC DPH – CTG Request for Proposals. More details here: Open Solicitations for Public Health. SoCal team is providing technical assistance to interested applicants during all stages of the application process, about SoCal technical assistance.
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health is issuing a Healthy Eating Active Living (HEAL) Request for Proposals (RFP) to solicit proposals for a contract with up to eight cities, non-profit organizations, and/or school districts in Los Angeles County. Selected Proposers will receive up to $125,000 per year for approximately four years. A Mandatory Intent to Apply Form is due July 30, 2012 by 3:30 PM (PST). Proposals are due by August 30th by 3:30 PM (PST).