Join Transportation for America, Move LA, the Los Angeles Alliance for a New Economy (LAANE), the Rails to Trails Conservancy, and the Safe Routes to School National Partnership:
We will be having a discussion of the new two-year $105 billion federal transportation law, MAP-21, and the challenges and opportunities it presents for expanding transit, investing in walkable and bikeable communities, and creating good jobs.
- How can LA build momentum for expanding and accelerating transit investments in MAP-21 and the next federal bill?
- How can California and its regions maintain and increase funding for bicycle and pedestrian investments as Congress takes a fresh look?
- What tools does MAP-21 provide for workforce development and promote good jobs, and how can we build on this for the next round??
December 10th, 2012
9:00am – 2:30pm
The California Endowment
1000 N Alameda St., Los Angeles 90012
RSVP Online for this Free Event Today!
- Transportation for America National Director, James Corless
- Move LA Executive Director, Denny Zane
- Los Angeles Alliance for a New Economy (LAANE) Project Director, Jackie Cornejo
- Rails to Trails Conservancy Western Region Director, Laura Cohen
- Safe Routes to School National Partnership Regional Policy Manager, Rye Baerg
- SCAG Chief Deputy Executive Director, Sharon Neely